2.26.2012

OMG! SHOES!

Starting tomorrow, I will be in my 5th position in just under 2 years at work. Friday I was promoted to women's shoes. I am excited, nervous, and all that jazz. It happened way faster than I thought it would and I am just now starting to process what this means.

I'll tell you how it started first. I saw the posting last week in HR. I wanted to talk to the manager right away, but I didn't see her until later in the week. I talked to her about working in shoes, she seemed excited at the possibility of me joining her team, which made it even more exciting. The next day, our HR manager came up to ask if I had time to talk later. I went down after my break and talked to her. I wasn't sure what about. I didn't know if there was another opportunity or if it was the position in shoes. It was the position in shoes, obviously. When her and our store manager talked about the position, apparently I was one of the first people to pop up, which obviously makes me happy. When I had talked to the manager of the shoe department, she said I would have to interview and all that jazz; however, our HR manager said she was ready to offer me a job right now. Of course, I accepted. I was so excited. Then she said I start Monday. Holy shit. At that point, that was 3 days away. I was freaking out (in a good way). I sat down with one of our AST people and picked up shifts and dropped all my shifts in men's to open. I felt like a little bit of an ass because the manager of the men's department was going on vacation and now he had to fill all my hours. It wasn't my fault though. I didn't chose to start Monday. Ha! Sorry, dude. If I could have stayed through the week to make things easier for him, I would've. But, I didn't make that decision.

When I was talking to our HR manager. She said I could be in this position for 3-6 months before something else opens up. All of this is happening a lot faster than I thought it would. I was expecting to work my way up within the next 2 years or so. The way things are moving, it could vey well be less than  a year before I am where I want to be.

I am so excited and so glad that I have such a strong support system where I work. I know I say that a lot, but I can't stress how much that helps. They really want to not only see me succeed, but they want to help me get there.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome how well you're doing and how quickly things are happening for you! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete