2.04.2012

I love my job. I love the people. I love the atmosphere (even though it gets crazy sometimes). I just love it.

Recently I applied for a merchandising lead at my store. Unfortunately, I didn't get it. It went to another internal employee who had "the dreaded 'e' word" as one of my friends put it. Once I heard that she had applied, it was a no brainer that they would pick her. I was pleased to find out that I was a close second though. For some people, it is hard to hear that they were that close to getting the job. I think because I have a job and I know that other things will come up, I am not worried. I would like something bigger to pop up sooner rather than later, but I am willing to wait it out. I know that they are on the lookout for different opportunities for me, so I just have to be patient.

Also at work, we have our annual awards nominations going on right now. I don't know when winners will be announced, but it's fun to nominate people. So far, I've written 3. It's a company wide thing and you can read other entries from stores all over the country. It's pretty awesome. I logged on this morning and found out that I have FIVE. I was completely blown away, but it made me happy. It's so good to know that all the work that I do is appreciated. I don't really care if I win or not, it would be awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's just good to know that work I do is being recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment