3.23.2012

Making Magic

I realized the other day that I haven't updated since I started my stint in shoes. It's partially because I don't have time and partially because my computer charger decided to poop out on me and stop working. Irritated doesn't even begin to explain how that makes me feel. BUT, I am trying not to focus on how annoying it is and focus on the positive things in my life. I am lucky enough to have quite a few of those.

First, I am LOVING shoes. The team is awesome and I love going to work even more than I did before. There are some people that I don't particularly like working with, but for the most part, I love them all. There are 3 people that I really like working with. We are all just completely insane and off our rockers, so it makes it even more fun. Wednesday we had training all day at another store. They split the team into different days. Lucky for me, I got to go on the same day as my 3 favorite people. We had fun. It could have been a boring, long day, but it wasn't. I actually learned something and we all had a blast while we were there. The other store was HUGE and they had Izzy's Ice Cream. If you live in the cities and you have never had Izzy's, you need to change that. Now. I told my manager I was going to request a transfer. Not really though. That store is massive. I might lose my mind.

Secondly, I won an award at work. I was pretty surprised that I did, to be honest. Monday was the award ceremony (I use that word lightly). It was in our break lounge and they served us breakfast and all that jazz. It was pretty nice. There were 12 winners and all of them truly deserved it. It's a great group of people that won and I am honored to be in that group. I am super excited for Tuesday because we get to go to a luncheon at another store. There is a huge flower show that we get to see and I've heard from past winners that I will truly feel appreciated and it will be a great day. I am SO excited! I just need to decide what to wear. I think I may need a new pair of shoes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment