10.31.2011

Life moves pretty fast. You don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it

Holy crap, it's November (almost). I can't believe how FAST time has gone by. It seems like only yesterday, we were moving into our apartment.

The apartment has been awesome. We've gotten along just swell for anyone that's wondering. For some reason when people find out that I've moved in with a friend, they get concerned and think that we won't be friends after awhile. Psh, we're fine. We balance each other very nicely and we both have separate lives. We do our own thing, but we get along just fine when we're with each other.

My new position at work started earlier than expected. Not that I am complaining. That raise is much needed. I still haven't had training for it, so I am not 100% sure what I am doing, but I have a great support staff, so if I have any questions, I just ask them. The one day I was supposed to do training, the computer wasn't working. Figures. It isn't much different than how the last few days have gone.

Let's start with Saturday.

Saturday none of the registers in my area were working. Seriously? Three registers down. On a weekend. Was that really necessary? Of course it was. They didn't work Sunday either. On Sunday people just seemed extra crabby for whatever reason. Customers and associates. I was certainly cranky, but I did my best to keep a smile on my face. I also found out that right after close, the lights AND emergency lights went out. I swear there were evil spirits in the store or something.

Today was better. I did a LOT of recovery. We have a visit tomorrow and Thursday, so we have to make the story look amazing. They moved a lot of stuff around in kids'. It looks weird. I don't work there anymore, so I guess I shouldn't really care, but that department will always hold a special place in my heart. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment